Discover Dual Language Program
Biliteracy in English & Spanish
CFBISD offers a Two-Way Dual Language Immersion Program to students who will enter Kindergarten in the fall of the upcoming school year. In existence since the fall of 2006, this program offers the opportunity to learn to read, write and speak in both English and Spanish. From Kindergarten through the eleventh grade, students in the Discover Dual Language Program develop strong bilingual and biliteracy skills and multicultural awareness.
If you would like for your future Kindergartner to be part of Discover Dual Language, you may apply for admission into the program offered at McKamy, Stark, or Thompson Elementary Schools.
The Discover Dual Language Program is an asset for ALL students participating in this enrichment program. Since the program is very rigorous, we offer a pre-assessment process that will evaluate characteristics that will help your student experience academic success in the program.
The profile of a Discover Dual Language student is:
- Self-motivated and interested in learning.
- Loves to play with language
- Shows curiosity about other cultures
- Has strong language and reading support at home
Qualifying students are accepted into the program on a first come, first serve basis after all four components of the application process listed below are completed:
- Submit an Admission/Transfer Request at cfbisd.edu/admission-application
- Attend one of the mandated Discover Dual Language informational sessions offered around the school district
- Parent signs the 3-year commitment
- The student completes the language proficiency assessment and meets the requirement for qualification.
Students must be 5 years old by September 1st of the enrolling year. Transportation is not offered for students attending the Discover Dual Language who live outside of the attendance zone of the school requested.
For more information, contact
Maria Carolina Christiansen, M.Ed
972-968-6149 or at email@example.com
You may also contact McKamy Elementary (972-968-2400), Stark Elementary (972-968-3300), or Thompson Elementary (972-968-3400) for additional information.
The vision of CFBISD's Dual Language Program is to develop students who possess strong bilingual, biliterate, academic, and cross-cultural competencies that enable them to contribute effectively to a global society.