STEAM Gifted & Talented Academy
The STEAM Gifted and Talented Academy is a new and exciting program housed exclusively at Landry Elementary School designed to serve CFBISD’s Gifted and Talented (GT) students. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics.
The goal is to combine the mind of a scientist or technologist with that of an artist or designer.
To arm students with the skills and knowledge they will need to be successful innovators in the 21st century.
To teach relevant, in-demand skills for an ever evolving world.
Students practice skills, develop explanations, solve novel problems, use creativity, and engage in critique and evaluation.
Empowers teachers to employ project-based learning that crosses all 5 disciplines (science, technology, engineering, arts, math).
Fosters an inclusive learning environment where all students are able to engage and contribute.
Through this holistic approach, students are able to exercise both sides of their brain at once.
Practice skills that can be used throughout life to help students get through tough times and take advantage of opportunities whenever they appear.
Students are taught how to learn, how to ask questions, how to experiment, and how to create.
- What is the STEAM Gifted and Talented Academy at Landry?
- Where can we find updates for the STEAM Gifted and Talented Academy information?
- How are ACE GT students identified and currently served on their home campus?
- What is homogeneous grouping in the STEAM Gifted and Talented Academy?
- How is the STEAM Gifted and Talented Academy different than the LEAP Gifted program in CFBISD?
- What grades are offered at the Landry GT STEAM Gifted and Talented Academy?
- How many students will there be in each Academy class?
- HOW WILL THE CURRICULUM FOR STEAM GIFTED AND TALENTED ACADEMY STUDENTS AT LANDRY BE DIFFERENT?
- What Fine Arts choices are available for the STEAM Gifted and Talented Academy?
- Is STEAM Gifted and Talented Academy at Landry a bilingual or dual language program?