Caring, Certified Teachers for Your Child
Taught by our caring, certified educators, students are involved in thematic units that engage learners through developmentally appropriate activities. Mathematics, science, social studies and language arts are integrated to provide students with real life opportunities to read, write, and problem solve. We also support the socio-emotional learning of students so they can build strong healthy relationships with their peers and friends.
** The Pre-Kindergarten program in CFBISD is for students that are 4 years old on or before September 1.
Schools offering Pre-K in 2020-2021:
Blair, Blanton, Carrollton, Central, Farmers Branch, Freeman, Furneaux, Good, Kent, Landry, McKamy, McLaughlin Strickland, McWhorter and Riverchase, Rosemeade, Stark.
Free Pre-K Qualifications:
Students can qualify for free Pre-K if they meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English proficient
- Economically disadvantaged
- A child of an active duty member of the United States armed forces
- A child of a member of the United States armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- A child in foster care (presently or in the past)
- A child of a recipient of the Star of Texas Award
During the enrollment process, you will work with the school to qualify for free Pre-K.
How do I know what campus my PreK child would attend?
Find your pre kindergarten campus HERE.
How to enroll for Free PreK:
- If your child is eligible for free PreK and you are enrolling at your attendance zone, complete the ONLINE STUDENT ENROLLMENT process. The campus registrar will reach out to you with next steps and can assist with any enrollment questions or concerns.
- If your child is eligible for free PreK and you want to apply for a transfer to a different school you can apply HERE before you can move forward with enrollment.
Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
CFBISD also offers the Early Childhood Special Education Program (ECSE). If you have questions as to whether your student may be eligible for ECSE, please contact Marie Huie at 972-968-5800.
Have more questions about Pre-K?
View our Frequently Asked Questions for Pre-K.
If you have additional questions, you may call 972-968-6500
2020-2021 Pre-Kindergarten Full Day attendance zones are as follows: