Safety Protocols & Procedures
Protocols for Screening and Isolation
All students and staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms regularly and individuals who present with symptoms will be separated and sent home.
- Staff will be required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to reporting to work each day. All staff will have their temperature taken upon entering any CFBISD facility.
- Parents or guardians are expected to screen their child/ren for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending their students to school. Teachers will monitor students and call the nurse if symptoms are present.
Isolation Protocols for Students or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms
When a student has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, etc., the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home.
- Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within one hour.
- District communication will be provided to the students/staff who were in contact with a student/staff member who was lab-confirmed positive for COVID-19.
- Students and staff who have displayed symptoms of (presumptive positive) or tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate for 10 days from the onset of symptoms and be fever-free for 72 hours and symptoms resolved before returning to campus; unless a written alternative diagnosis is received from the healthcare provider and discussed with the campus nurse prior to the student or staff member’s return. Students who have to be in isolation can become synchronous learners during that time.