COVID-19 Registration FAQ
During the enrollment process, parents may choose Traditional Onsite Learning or Remote Learning for their child(ren). We ask families to stay committed to their choice through at least a nine-week grading period to limit scheduling and staffing complexities. We understand that circumstances could change for our families, and adjustments will be examined on a case-by-case basis.
New students should go to enrollcfb.com to register. You will work with the campus registration clerk to select your learning option before class assignments are made. To help you through this process, we have attached step-by-step instructions for new family registration.
The plans and options offered reflect a balance between maintaining the health and safety of students and staff, while also delivering high-quality teaching and learning experiences that focus on excellent and equitable outcomes for all students.
- How can I register in CFBISD during COVID-19?
- Since the schools are closed, how can I complete the registration process?
- How can I withdraw my child during COVID-19?
- How can I request a transfer for this year or for the 2020-21 school year?
- If I had to move or lost my housing due to COVID-19, do I need to withdraw from CFBISD?
- Who can I contact for other questions regarding registration?