Standards for CFBISD staff development align with those from national organizations and include:
- Providing resources to support adult learning and collaboration.
- Using disaggregated student data to determine adult learning priorities, monitor progress, and help sustain continuous improvement.
- Using learning strategies appropriate to the intended goal.
- Preparing educators to understand and appreciate all students, create safe, orderly and supportive learning environments, and hold high expectations for their academic achievement.
- Deepening educators’ content knowledge, providing them with research-based instructional strategies to assist students in meeting rigorous academic standards, and preparing them to use various types of classroom assessments appropriately.
- Providing educators with knowledge and skills to involve families and other stakeholders appropriately.
For further information on staff development in CFBISD, please contact:
Lance Hamlin at 972-968-6505.