Seven CFBISD high school student musicians were selected to perform in one of 18 Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) All-State ensemble concerts in the vocal, orchestra or Association of Texas Small School Bands (ATSSB) band divisions at the TMEA Clinic/Convention February 8-11, 2023, in San Antonio.
This is one of the highest honors a Texas student musician can receive as only the top 2.6% of students who initially audition become All-State musicians.
The CFBISD musicians are:
- Trace Bennett, Ranchview HS - TMEA All-State Small School Choir, Tenor
- Osmar Flores, Creekview HS - TMEA All-State 5A Symphonic Band, Trombone
- Isidoro Martinez, Creekview HS - TMEA All-State 5A Symphonic Band, Clarinet
- David Martini, Ranchview HS - ATSSB All-State Symphonic Band, Tenor Saxophone
- Gavin Skrzysnski, Ranchview HS - ATSSB All-State Symphonic Band, Baritone Saxophone
- Jaehoon (James) Lee, Creekview HS - TMEA All-State Symphony Orchestra, Cello
- Aaron Jacob, Ranchview HS - ATSSB All-State Jazz Ensemble, Piano
In the fall, more than 70,000 high school students from across the state auditioned in their TMEA Region. Individuals performed selected music for a panel of judges who ranked each instrument or voice part. A select group of musicians then advanced to compete against musicians from other Regions in their TMEA Area. The highest-ranking musicians from the TMEA Area competitions qualified to perform in an All-State ensemble either in the band, orchestra or vocal divisions.
All-State students will participate in three days of rehearsals directed by nationally-recognized conductors during the annual clinic/convention and perform before more than 30,000 conference attendees.