It was a night of personal bests, and fantastic swims as the Ranchview Swim team from Ranchview High School in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District competed against Highland Park High School.
"They were a big team, but our team brought a lot of heart and pride and showed them the talent that is Ranchview," said Ranchview Swim Coach Barry Ray. Ellie Gayden, a Ranchchview swimmer, came up big, with two new personal best times. Gayden is also the NEW RECORD HOLDER IN THE 200 FREESTYLE and 100 FREESTYLE for the school!
More highlights and best times:
- Xitlaly Herrera – 200 Individual Medley 2 second drop; 100 Breastroke 3 second drop and 1st place by swim
- Mariyah Freeman – 100 Freestyle 13 second drop
- Cora Yokoyama – 100 Freestyle 4 second drop; 100 Backstroke best time
- Rachel Kiwoo – Best time 50 Freestyle, 100 Freestyle
- Elsa Bhandari – 50 Freestyle 1 second drop
- Julian Huddleston – 100 Freestyle best time; 100 Breastroke 1 second drop
- Daniel Lybbert – Best time 100 Backstroke
Ranchview's next meet will be after the holiday at home on January 7, 2021, against Irving High School. We encourage the CFBISD community to support all of our swimming and diving teams in the district. Congratulations to our swimmers!