In its second year of existence, the Ranchview Jazz Band at Ranchview High School in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District earned incredible results at the ATSSB Region 2 All-Region Jazz Contest. All of their students participating in Jazz Band earned first chair results at the contest. These are the most students that have earned first chair in the history of Ranchview Band.
Other exciting news coming from the ATSSB All-Region Jazz Contest is that Ranchview had the most students in the region, six in total, advance to the area contest. All of these students now have the opportunity to compete to make the All-State Jazz Band. This honor would be the first in Ranchview Band history.
Here's the list of ATSSB All-Region Jazz Band Honors:
- Gabe Iglesias II - 2nd Place Alto Sax - Advancing to Area/State
- David Martini - 1st Place Tenor Sax - Advancing to Area/State
- Aaron Jacob - 1st Place Trumpet - Advancing to Area/State
- Julian Velasquez - 1st Place Bass Trombone - Advancing to Area/State
- Tyran Williams - 1st Place Drumset - Advancing to Area/State
- Regina Kim - 1st Place Piano- Advancing to Area/State
CFBISD is proud of the Ranchview Band's accomplishments. We look forward to hearing more great announcements form this band in the future. Good luck with the area rounds.