As we all know, Metrocrest Services has continued to support the CFBISD community in many ways. Due to another surge in the Metrocrest Services food pantry, they need additional volunteers to assemble the food boxes that are distributed each day.
Last Monday was the busiest day since the pandemic, and they anticipate the month of December to be busy every single day. Volunteers are needed to keep up with food box assembly.
Please consider signing up as an individual, group, club, business, neighborhood, etc. and please pass this along to your contacts. Assistance is needed for the weeks leading up to Christmas.
Metrocrest Services Skylane Warehouse
3210 Skylane, Carrollton, TX 75006
Volunteer Job Description:
- Assemble bags and boxes of shelf stable food items
- Sort and process donated food items
- Volunteers in this position will only interact with staff and the other volunteers
- Volunteers must be comfortable with moving and standing for extended periods of time
- Must be comfortable with lifting 5-15 lbs.
- Tuesday through Thursday weekly
- Two shift times available: 9:00 am -11:00 am and 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Maximum of 12 volunteer spots allowed per shift