This past weekend, Creekview Mock Trial, Moot Court, and Legislative teams from the Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District competed in the YMCA District Tournament, which was held virtually this year. This was the first year for Creekview to field a Legislative team and the first virtual tournament for most students.
YMCA Districts is the qualifying tournament for YMCA State in late January, which will also be held virtually. The District competition is one of only five districts in the state, encompassing the entirety of the Dallas metroplex.
An incredible note is that the YMCA State conflicts with the Dallas Bar Association's state tournament that Creekview participates each year. Due to this conflict, Creekview only sent their Junior Varsity Mock Trial students to YMCA, so the Mock team's placement among seasoned teams from other schools is quite an accomplishment!
Our District Champions and Top Ten Finishers are listed below:
- District Champion Distinguished Delegate London Jones
- District Champion Chief Justice Brian Kang
- District Champion Judge Brandon Fantine
- 8th Place Team: Alina Kassam, Gedeon Bring, Danae Anderson, Olivia Grace Lemus, Alyssa Vasquez, Sarah Pickett
APPELLATE (Moot Court)
- District Champion Justice Elizabeth Adeoye
- 2nd Place Justice Daniel Sawyers
- 5th Place Justice Makaylia Askew
- District Champion Team: Abby Park and Jaqueline Aleman
- 5th Place Team: Ishaan Panjwani and Maeve Durkee
- 6th Place Team: Brian Kang and Angela Nguyen
- 10th Place Team: Isaac Yoo and Christian Velasquez
Please join CFBISD in congratulating these students on their success! CFBISD is very proud of Creekview High School.