National PTA's Reflections program provides opportunities for recognition and access to the arts, which boost student confidence and success in the arts and life. Students from all schools in CFBISD participate in the program each year.
According to the National PTA website, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in response to a student-selected theme. Throughout its 50 year existence, the PTA Reflections program helps students examine their own thoughts, feelings, and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them become successful life-long learners.
This year's theme is I Matter Because... Students presented their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.
Due to COVID restrictions, the CFBISD Reflections Ceremony was held virtually. The CFBISD Council PTA honored numerous students for their work and awarded 22 "Overall Awards of Excellence." The "Overall Award of Excellence" recipients will advance to the state competition later in the year. National Reflections winners are announced in May and celebrated annually at National PTA's Convention & Expo in June.
Grand Prize Winners advancing to state are:
- Janani Murthy, Las Colinas Elementary
- Anastasia Busby, Country Place Elementary
- Mihika Verma, Landry Elementary
- Priyanka Thomas, Blalack Middle School
- Madeleina Birmingham, Newman Smith High School
- Noah Bauer, Country Place Elementary
- Erick Flores, Turner High School
- Ishana Kayalvizhi, Las Colinas Elementary
- Krish Arora, McCoy Elementary
- Elijah McPherson, Polk Middle School
- Karyme Sanchez, Turner High School
- Evelyn Smith, Rosemeade Elementary
- Ava Johnson, Perry Middle School
- Gabriel Potts, Country Place Elementary
- Gavin Potts, Country Place Elementary
- Alejandro Camacho, Polk Middle School
- Emily Bauer, Turner High School
- Emily Chadwick, Blalack Middle School
- Genesis Orellana, Polk Middle School
- Survi Raut, McCoy Elementary
- Reyna Hernandez, Furneaux Elementary
- Shreya Basak, Bush Middle School
- Cassandra Scully, Early College High School
The PTA Reflections Program is an excellent way for students to express their thoughts through art. CFBISD encourages all of our students to participate. Contact your school PTA for more details.