CFBISD celebrated the campus-wide renovation of Field Middle School on Dec. 9, 2021, with a ribbon cutting ceremony.
During the ceremony, the building’s official dedication plaque was revealed before the CFBISD Board of Trustees cut the ribbon.
Also in attendance were Field MS AVID students, cheerleaders, and teachers, the CFB Bond Oversight Committee, mayors and city officials, Chamber of Commerce members, district administrators, Rotary Club members and community members.
After the ribbon cutting, AVID students led attendees on tours of the renovated facilities featuring a new entry way, courtyard, and Quad-Pod Learning Studio.
The renovations were part of the 2018 voter-approved bond and included:
- Fine Arts classroom and performance space improvements
- Collaboration rooms
- Exterior upgrades
- Interior upgrades
- Mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and systems upgrades
- New marquee
- Landscaping improvements
- Kitchen renovation and new equipment
- Athletic track improvements
Safety and Security
- Access control and cameras at selected exterior doors
- Bollards and hardened shell at main entry
- Fire sprinkler system upgrades
- Secure entry vestibule
- Secure and climate-controlled server space at each campus
- Wireless upgrades
- Phone system upgrades
To read more about CFBISD bond progress, visit the CFBISD Bond website.