ESSER III Information
President Joe Biden signed the American Rescue Plan into law in March 2021, which included $122 billion in Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER III) funds for school districts across the country. This marks the largest investment in elementary and secondary education in our nation’s history. CFBISD will receive ESSER III funding to help support student learning.
Data shows that the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted student learning across the country and in Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD.
CFBISD engaged with stakeholders to determine the needs of the district caused by the pandemic, including sending direct communication to staff, parents, and students to gather input; and reviewing the documented comprehensive needs assessment to consider. Using this information, CFBISD determined the following priorities: needs focused on the largest number of students, students identified as socioeconomically disadvantaged, and other student needs. Using the information collected, CFBISD created a spending plan to meet the identified needs of our students while utilizing ESSER III funds expeditiously.
The Back to School Reentry Plan was utilized for the 2020-2021 school year to provide guidance to families and staff. Additionally, CFBISD’s COVID-19 Information website provides the most recent and up-to-date guidance for school reentry. This site will be updated as needed based on district and state recommendations.
The Budget PowerPoint presentation was shared with the School Board at the June 3, 2021 Regular Board Meeting.
- What is the purpose of the ESSER III funds?
- How much funding will Texas LEAs receive from ESSER III funds?
- How will LEAs know how much funding they will receive?
- What is the spending period for ESSER III grants?
- What are the requirements for ESSER III Use of Funds Plan?
- Are there requirements for the use of ESSER III funds?
- Are there recommended uses of ESSER III funds that will assist LEAs in addressing learning lost by the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are some allowable uses of ESSER III funds?
- Will the state provide replacement funds for ESSER III after 2024?