Math, Engineering, Technology and Science Academy (METSA)
We believe in each student’s ability to create positive world impact, and that METSA is uniquely positioned to empower students to reach their full potential. At METSA, we challenge the traditional educational status quo through applied, authentic, and active learning experiences that foster critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and literacy in a technology rich learning environment. We create a safe learning environment, in which students graduate on time aware, eligible, and prepared for postsecondary pursuits in STEM fields.
METSA opened its doors in 2007 and by 2008 it became and has consistently held a Texas-STEM designation through the Texas Education Agency. METSA has also partnered with the New Tech Network to support our STEM and technology initiatives to expand the educational opportunities for our students and staff.
METSA courses are taught with wall to wall PBL (project based learning) and each classroom has a 1:1 ratio of computers to students. By participating in authentic PBL, formal presentations to expert panels, regular academic and behavioral reflection, internships, digital portfolio construction, and community outreach, METSA students meet or exceed state educational requirements, graduate with real-world, future-ready skills surrounding STEM fields, and are inspired to become lifelong learners.
You can also text your questions to 469-242-0859.
This program is offered at:
Grade Levels Served:
What are you waiting for?
- If I attend METSA can I take AP courses?
- Can I complete multiple programs of study while I attend METSA?
- Can I join METSA if I am not an incoming Freshman?
- Can I be in METSA if I’m in AVID, athletics, or fine arts?
- What is the experience of remote learners in METSA if attending remotely?
- Are incoming Freshmen only able to take Level 2 courses even if they have already taken an introductory course in engineering?
- Can my student transfer into METSA mid-year?
- Can a student exit the program?
- Why do all pathways end with the course “Practicum in STEM?”
- Can a student be in more than one academy?