Academy of Media Arts & Technology (AMAT)
The Academy for Media Arts and Technology is a four-year sequence of courses that works towards industry software certifications in the areas of Media Arts, Digital Graphics/Graphic Design, Animation, Video Game Design, Commercial Photography or A/V Production. Students in AMAT will receive an elevated academic experience that will include industry internships, college visits, mentorships, competitions, in-class speakers, academy socials, industry field trips, and more. Students will work with up-to-date industry software and technology to create professional portfolios and prepare for professional certifications. Students will leave the program career and college ready.
- Can High School Students apply to be in AMAT?
- Can my students take more than one strand?
- If my student decides to go to AMAT do they have to attend Turner?
- Does AMAT offer interships?
- IF I GET ACCEPTED INTO THE AMAT AND DECIDE TO DROP THE ACADEMY IN A YEAR OR TWO, AM I ALLOWED TO STAY AT RL TURNER, EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT MY “ZONED” HIGH SCHOOL?
- DO YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS FOR BUSINESS ACADEMY REQUIREMENTS?
- WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADES AND STAYING IN THE AMAT?