Safety & Security Measures
CFBISD is committed to providing our students, teachers, and all employees with a safe environment. protecting students and staff from threats and emergencies. Maintaining a safe and secure culture throughout the district requires multi-department collaboration and sustainable measures. Our proactive approach is dependent on internal safety culture and collaborative relationships with our external partners.
CFBISD has robust safety and security measures in place framed within three layers of security: the physical environment, human behavior, and security technology.
Pricing for Replacement Badges
First time district issued ID badges, card access badges and fobs are free for new employees and required badge upgrades (for security technology upgrades at campuses. Damaged ID badges, access cards, or fobs from regular wear or tear are free for the first replacement. Second time replacements and on due to damages align with the “lost” replacement fees below.
All other costs:
Lost ID badges: $5
Lost Card Access Badges: $10
Lost Fobs: $10
Name change: Free
Title change: Free
To reduce vulnerabilities to campus security, anyone who has lost their card access badge or fob for the third time will lose building access privileges and only be issued an ID badge.
ALL badges will be made on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Tuesdays will be by appointment only from 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Contact Maria Jimenez at 972-968-6421 for appointment scheduling and availability.
Department of Safety & Security Office Location
1445 N. Perry Road, Carrollton, Texas 75006
- A valid state/government-issued ID is required to pick up a badge.
Please contact your CFBISD Project Manager to schedule an appointment for badges. Only buildings and schedules specified by your CFBISD Project Manager will be applied to these temporary access badges.
- I just transferred to a different school but I have the same job title. Can I keep my badge?
- I am no longer an employee with CFBISD. Where should I turn in my badge?
- I am not available during the times that the CFBISD Department of Safety & Security takes new pictures for badges. How should I proceed?
- I need access to another campus/facility. How do I get that access added to my badge?
- When will the new procedure go into effect?
- What time will the doors of the school buildings be opened?
- What if my child is late for school in the morning, will he/she need to be buzzed in?
- What are the procedures that have been developed?
- Will parents, visitors and volunteers need to follow the established procedures?
- Will the system be in use when there are large numbers of visitors and/or parents at the school during normal school hours?
- How will visitors who are unfamiliar with the new system know where to enter the building?
- How will school staff determine whether or not to grant access into the building?