Safety & Security Measures
Types of Badges
The CFBISD Department of Safety and Security provides badge services for all district and relevant non-district employees. Student badges are managed at the student’s campus. Volunteers and Mentors will only be required to wear a Raptor Visitor Badge that is received during the check-in process at each campus.
Employees must have an employee identification number to receive an access badge and current in the Active Directory. All badge requests for campus-based staff must be approved by campus administration/supervisor and the Department of Safety & Security before they are processed.
Pricing for Replacement Badges
First time district issued ID badges, card access badges and fobs are free for new employees and required badge upgrades (for security technology upgrades at campuses. Damaged ID badges, access cards, or fobs from regular wear or tear are free for the first replacement. Second time replacements and on due to damages align with the “lost” replacement fees below.
All other costs:
Lost ID badges: $5
Lost Card Access Badges: $10
Lost Fobs: $10
Name change: Free
Title change: Free
To reduce vulnerabilities to campus security, anyone who has lost their card access badge or fob for the third time will lose building access privileges and only be issued an ID badge.
ALL badges will be made on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Tuesdays will be by appointment only from 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Contact Maria Jimenez at 972-968-6421 for appointment scheduling and availability.
Department of Safety & Security Office Location
1445 N. Perry Road, Carrollton, Texas 75006
- A valid state/government-issued ID is required to pick up a badge.
Please contact your CFBISD Project Manager to schedule an appointment for badges. Only buildings and schedules specified by your CFBISD Project Manager will be applied to these temporary access badges.
- I just transferred to a different school but I have the same job title. Can I keep my badge?
- I am no longer an employee with CFBISD. Where should I turn in my badge?
- I am not available during the times that the CFBISD Department of Safety & Security takes new pictures for badges. How should I proceed?
- I need access to another campus/facility. How do I get that access added to my badge?
- When will the new procedure go into effect?
- What time will the doors of the school buildings be opened?
- What if my child is late for school in the morning, will he/she need to be buzzed in?
- What are the procedures that have been developed?
- Will parents, visitors and volunteers need to follow the established procedures?
- Will the system be in use when there are large numbers of visitors and/or parents at the school during normal school hours?
- How will visitors who are unfamiliar with the new system know where to enter the building?
- How will school staff determine whether or not to grant access into the building?