Certified Teacher Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

For All Certified Teachers

  1. My certificate is expiring soon or already expired. How do I renew it with TEA?
    See directions to renew certificates PDF below.
  2. I want to take an additional exam become certified in another area. How do I do that?
    Register for Exam
  3. I have passed another content exam. How do I add it to my certificate?
    See directions to add Endorsement to Certification PDF below.
  4. My name has changed since I was issued my certification. How do I request for TEA to change my name?
    Visit the TEA Website to Update your name

For Current CFB Teachers

  1. FRONTLINE does not show my renewed certifications. How do I fix that?
    See directions to Add Certification Renewals in FRONTLINE
  2. FRONTLINE does not show the new certification I have earned. How do I fix that?
    See directions to Adding Certification to Employment Record in FRONTLINE
  3. I am getting emails from Frontline to update my intent to renew my certificate.  What do I do to stop the emails?

Not Certified but Want to Teach?

Frequently Asked Questions About Obtaining Certification:

  1. How do I obtain teaching certification in Texas?
    In Texas, there are two routes to certification. The first is to obtain certification while completing your Bachelor’s Degree.
    The second is Alternative Certification. See next question.

  2. What is Alternative Certification?
    Alternative Certification programs are authorized by the State Board for Educator Certification for individuals who hold a college or university degree but no teaching certificate. CFBISD does not endorse a specific program. You should research and choose the best program for your needs. For a list of authorized programs, click here.
  3. Do you hire Alternative Certification Teacher candidates?
    YES!  Candidates need to provide a valid Statement of Eligibility from an approved alternative certification program. 
  4. I live in another state and am a fully certified teacher. Can I just “transfer” my certification to Texas?
    The process for obtaining certification in Texas when you hold current teaching credentials in another state is called Out of State Process. In general, TEA requires you to submit documents and pay a fee for a Review of Credentials. Upon completion of the review, TEA will give you permission to take the appropriate content exam required for certification in Texas. To see the complete process, please visit the TEA website Out of State Teachers Information.

If you have additional questions, you may contact Courtney Georgieff.

Adjunct Teacher

Our goal is to always hire the most qualified candidate. In recent years, CFB has made exceptions to the certification requirements. We have hired teachers who are in the process of obtaining certification as “adjunct teachers.”  All adjunct teachers must have a bachelors degree and be enrolled with an alternative certification program OR have completed student teaching through a university. 

There is not an application for an adjunct teacher.  All teacher candidates apply for any openings posted on the CFB jobs page and upon interview, recommendation by a principal, and background check completion HR will make the determination if the applicant will be hired as an adjunct teacher.