The safety of our students as they travel to and from school on the school bus is a top priority of our Transportation Department. Following the protocols set in place for riding the bus is a critical factor in maintaining a safe traveling environment. Students and staff are not required to wear a mask on the bus. However, the wearing of masks are supported and will be made available to everyone who need one.
Student Bus Riders
- Hand sanitizer shall be available to all passengers as they board the bus.
- Current school identification badges must be worn and visible when entering the bus.
- When loading the bus, students will enter and start at the back of the bus, filling seats to the front.
- When unloading, students will exit front to back.
- As students depart from the bus, they will immediately go to their designated area and follow campus protocol.
- Students will go to their designated area to wait for their bus while maintaining appropriate behavior.
- Students must wait until the buses come to a complete stop and door open before approaching the bus for their safety
- When loading the bus, students will start at the back of the bus and fill to the front.
- If possible, assist at bus stops with child supervision for safety.
- Assigned staff will supervise student arrival and dismissal to ensure students’ safety and order.
- During dismissal, teachers will supervise designated pre-loading areas for students waiting for the bus to arrive.
Ventilation On The Buses
The ventilation on the bus will be controlled to reduce the spread of contamination.