Temporary Online Learning Option
The Temporary Online Learning Option request form has closed.
Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD is offering a temporary online option beginning on August 25th through the end of the first grading period ending on October 15th. The CFBISD Online Option will be offered to students in Kindergarten through 6th grade, where COVID-19 vaccinations are not yet available.
This temporary learning solution allows students to engage in online learning utilizing CFBISD instructional resources in kindergarten through 6th grade. Instruction will follow the standard grade level CFBISD Scope and Sequence. This model does not resemble last year's online virtual learning where students directly interacted with a live teacher.
An essential part of this option will be the parent/guardian acting as the facilitator (or Home Learning Coach) and supporting their child's learning.
The Temporary Online Learning Option (OLO) request form is available in Online Registration. The application window opens today, August 12th, at noon and closes on Sunday, August 15th, at 11:59 p.m.
Please note: Acceptance into the Online Option is based on availability at each grade level.
- When does the Online Learning Option start?
- When will I find out that my child was accepted?
- Can middle and high school students enroll in the Online Learning Option?
- Will my child have the same teacher they were assigned for in-person learning?
- Will my child ever have to come to the school in person?
- How will my child get to the school for MAP and major reading assessments?
- Will my child have to log in every school day?
- Does my child have to have their camera on?
- Will my child take their elective/non-core classes online?
- What classes will my child take?
- How will grades be calculated?
- What will my child’s class size be?
- Will my child take the STAAR test?
- Can my child participate in field trips and extracurricular activities such as athletics and fine arts?
- Will my child still receive bilingual education?
- How long will the Online Learning Option last?
- Does the parent have to teach?
- Can I record my child’s classes?
- What are my responsibilities during online learning as a parent?
- What if I have concerns I would like to discuss with the online teacher?
- Can my child switch back to in-person learning when I want them to?
- Can the district make my child come back to in-person learning?
- My child receives Special Education service, can they be in the Online Learning Option?
- How will I get a school-issued technology device?
- What if I don’t have WiFi/internet?
- Will my child be unenrolled from CFBISD to enter into the Online Learning Option?
- I can’t log into my student’s profile.
- What is my student’s login and password?
- How do I reset their password?
- What is my student’s email address?
- What if I have a question about Seesaw, Canvas, and/or Webex apps or assignments on these apps?
- What if I have a problem with my child’s technology device?
- My teacher and campus can’t help me with my technology questions, who else can I contact?
- Can I get help in person with technology issues?
- My device is moving slow. What should I do?
- Where can I find technology troubleshooting resources and tips?
- Why isn’t Pre-K an option?
- Will STEAM Gifted Academy be online?
- Will this virtual option be able to accommodate LEAP students?
- Will teachers be live or is it a recording?
- Do we have to send our students to school until the Temporary Online Option starts?
- Do you have to re-enroll for in-person learning once the Temporary Online Option ends?
- Do we need to collect our school supplies from the school since we already took them to school?
- Will the school publish daily activities or a schedule that my child has to complete on a particular day?
- How will learning in the Temporary Online Option be different from last year?
- What is the time commitment required of parents to be the home learning coach or facilitator? Does that mean the parents need to be available for the full amount of class time each day?