Safety Protocols & Procedures
Protocols for Screening and Isolation
All students and staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms regularly and individuals who present with symptoms will be separated and sent home.
- Staff will be required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to reporting to work each day.
- Parents or guardians are expected to screen their child/ren for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending their students to school. Teachers will monitor students and call the nurse if symptoms are present.
Isolation Protocols for Students or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms
When a student has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, etc., the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home.
- Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within one hour.
- District communication will be provided to the students/staff who were in contact with a student/staff member who was lab-confirmed positive for COVID-19.
- Students and staff who have displayed symptoms of (presumptive positive) or tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate for 10 days from the onset of symptoms and be fever-free for 72 hours and symptoms resolved before returning to campus; unless a written alternative diagnosis is received from the healthcare provider and discussed with the campus nurse prior to the student or staff member’s return.