The Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (NJROTC) provides opportunities for students to experience the meaning of citizenship, patriotism and leadership. Students will discover the rich history of the naval service and scientific aspects of tomorrow’s technology while learning valuable leadership skills.
Enrollment in the NJROTC is not a committement to join the military! There is no military obligation and it is not tied to a recruiting program. It does provide the tools for success after high school regardless of chosen career path. After graduation as an NJROTC cadet, you will be better prepared to pursue college and have the opportunity to earn a college education through the NJROTC college scholarship program. This program also provides a competitive edge for admission and scholarships to military academies for those pursuing a higher education and a military career.
NJROTC also fulfills the state education agency requirement for physical education (PE) credit for high school graduation.
Senior Naval Science Instructor
Lieutenant Martin Caro
Naval Science Instructor
Master Chief Martin Wesley
The NJROTC serves all CFBISD high schools and is physically located at:
R. L. Turner High School
1600 S. Josey Lane
Carrollton, Texas 75006
What do the courses cover?
- Fundamentals of leadership
- Naval history
- Foundations of government
- Naval customs and traditions
- Health education and physical fitness
- First aid and survival training
- Sea power and national security
- Military law
- Naval ships, weapons and aircraft
What NJROTC does:
- Develops informed citizens
- Develops a high degree of personal honor, self-reliance and self-confidence
- Develops and empowers cadet leaders
- Promotes the pursuit of higher education
- Promotes camaraderie and teamwork
- Promotes service to the community
- Provides incentives for healthy and drug free living
What teams/groups can you be a part of in NJROTC?
- Air rifle marksmanship team
- Armed drill competition team
- Unarmed drill competition team
- Color guard and honor guard team
- Academic team
- Physical fitness competition team
- Orienteering team
- Drone (stem focused) team
- Sea perch (stem focused) underwater robotics team
- Cyber patriot (computer security) team