Part Time/Temporary/Substitute Benefits
July 18-August 18
All substitute, temporary, and part time employees!
You are eligible for medical insurance thanks to the Affordable Care Act. You do not have to accept this insurance, but action is required.
Please visit www.mybenefitshub.com/CFBISD to enroll in or decline coverage each year. Log in with your CFBISD User ID and Password.
Deadline: August 18th or within 31 days of hire
You also have access to the free Employee Assistance plan (EAP) for free behavioral health counseling for themselves, spouses, and children under age 26. Limited financial and legal counseling is also included. There is no need to enroll in this free program, call the number below for assistance and identify yourself as an employee or dependent of Carrollton Farmers Branch ISD.
Life Assistance Program - 24/7 support
2022-2023 Monthly Rates
Rates are higher for part time employees due to subs & part-time employees not contributing to TRS for retirement.
|monthly rates||bcbs activecare primary||bcbs activecare HD||BCBS ActiveCare Primary +||Scott & White HMO|
|Network||Texas only PCP*||National PPO||Texas Only PCP*||Regional HMO*|
|Employee & Spouse||$1157||$1187||$1,259||1,364.92|
|Employee & Child(ren)||$738||$757||$829||$873.57|
|Employee & Family||$1384||$1419||$1,584||$1,570.98|
|Office Visit Copay||$30/$70||30% after deductible||$30/$70||$15/$70|
|Coinsurance||30% after deductible||30% after deductible||20% after deductible||20% after deductible|
- Payment is deducted from your paychecks on a post tax basis.
- If we cannot deduct the full premium from your pay, you must provide a check or money order to the Benefits Department by the 20th of the month.
- If declining during New Hire Open Enrollment, you may enroll later in the year within 31 days of full-time hire or if a qualifying event occurs. Contact Benefits for questions regarding qualifying events at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: Dependent information is required even if you are not enrolling yourself or any dependents for coverage. This is an IRS requirement.
- Dependents: Spouse & children 26 years and younger (others may qualify)
* Texas Only PCP – Texas only network, requires Primary Care Physician, referrals for specialists other than OBGYN & Pediatrician. No out of network benefits available unless life threatening emergency
*Scott & White HMO – regional Texas network. Specialist referrals not required. No out of network benefits available unless life threatening emergency