Frequently Asked Questions about Gifted and Talented (GT) Education in Carrollton-Farmers Branch (CFBISD)
- I understand that CFBISD has two different GT programs. Can you explain the difference?
- I am new to CFBISD, and my child was identified as gifted in another state or in another district in Texas. Is he/she automatically placed into your gifted program?
- What kind of documentation do I need to provide to assist with the referral and screening process?
- I am new to the district, and I would like my child tested for the gifted program. What is the process? Who do I contact?
- How many students are accepted into the GT program each year?
- Does my child have to re-qualify as he or she moves from elementary school to middle school?
- If I need information about how to refer my child for testing, who do I contact?