COLLABORATIVE VISIONING STRATEGIC PRIORITIES AND OBJECTIVES
Optimize Engaging & Diverse Learning
- The goal of this priority is to analyze data and draw on personal experiences to provide direction on CFB’s commitment to engaging and diverse learning that will best prepare students for success in an unknown future. This team will consider the following during their work:
- 21st Century Skills: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical Thinking
- Career Readiness
- College Readiness
- Cultural Proficiency
- Digital Learning
- English Language Learners
- Students with Special Needs
- Students with Dyslexia
- Gifted and Talented students
- Fine Arts and Athletics (Extracurricular Activities)
- Health and Physical Fitness
Optimize Facility, Safety & Security, and Infrastructure to be adaptable to student needs
- The goal of this priority is to analyze pertinent and real-time data in order to provide direction to CFB for the following:
- Standardization by identifying district deficiencies as compares to best practices’
- Stabilization by balancing the need to optimize vs customize
- Modernization by designing a roadmap improve systems through life cycle replacement
- Doing this will improve safety and security, facilities, and infrastructure (including student nutrition, technology and transportation)
Optimize Community Engagement
- The goal of this priority is to analyze data in order to develop a vision to optimize and expand community involvement that will positively impact education in CFBISD
The Priority Design Team will analyze the following data:
- Community Surveys
- Business Partners Involvement
- Parent Surveys
- PTA/Booster Involvement
- Social Media and Website Data
- Mentor Programs
- Marketing / Advertising
- Governmental Relations with State/Counties/Cities
This process for transparent communications with external customers to build partnerships that will be supportive of the District’s vision and an extension of the administration.
Optimize Social & Emotional Health of all students
- The goal of this priority is to analyze specialized data in order to understand and support the whole child. This data includes but isn’t limited to….
- Economic Status
- Mental Health
- Drop Out
- Graduation Rate
Promoting this process in CFB is extremely important due to the fact that social & emotional health is the foundation for academic achievement.
Optimize All Available Resources
- The goal of this priority is to analyze data and provide direction for the efficient and effective use of taxpayer funds. This data includes but isn’t limited to….
Maintenance of Facilities
Alignment with Demographic Data
Short & Long-Term Financial Stability
Optimizing resources is about how we utilize our taxpayer funds. Utilization of resources includes all aspects of Human Resources including recruiting and hiring practices, retention strategies, compensation plan, staffing levels, staffing ratios and leadership development. Optimizing resources also includes how we utilize and maintain facilities, alignment with demographic data, programs being offered and funding opportunities associated with program offerings. Being good stewards of taxpayer dollars is a critical component of all decisions and includes operating in a fiscally responsible and efficient manner to achieve long-term financial stability.
Details on HB3 Board Goals including annual targets and progress measures are located within 2022-23 District Improvement Plan.
HB3 Board Goal #1 – Early Childhood Literacy
The percent of 3rd grade students that score Meets grade level or above will increase on STAAR Reading from 42% in 2019 to 46% in 2024.
HB3 Board Goal #2 - Early Childhood Mathematics
The percent of 3rd grade students that score Meets grade level or above will increase on STAAR Math from 45% in 2019 to 49% in 2024.
HB3 Board Goal #3 - College, Career, and Military Readiness
The percentage of graduates who meet at least one CCMR indicator within the A-F accountability framework (excluding the CTE Coherent Sequence criterion) will increase from 69% in 2019 to 75% in 2024.