Board of Trustees
Duties of the Members
The Board of Education acts as the school district’s policy-making body and is the official representative of the people for all public education in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District. The Board functions according to state and federal laws, regulations of the State Board of Education and the State Commissioner of Education and the will of the people as expressed in district elections.
The Board of Trustees, while composed of individuals, acts officially only as a group. No member, person or group of persons acts in the name of the Board except when authorized by the Board to do so.
Trustees serve without pay for overlapping terms of three years. Elections are conducted on the Texas Uniform Election Day in May. Candidates are elected by cumulative voting and do not represent certain geographical areas. Board officers are elected by its membership.
Juan Renteria and Les Black were elected as new CFBISD board members in the November 3, 2020 election.
The next general election for CFBISD Board Members will be held on Saturday, May 1, 2021, at polling locations in Dallas County and Denton County (such locations to be determined by Dallas County and Denton County)
2021 Application and Election Timeline
- Application for Ballot Filing Starts - Wednesday, January 13, 2021 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Application for Ballot Filing Ends - Friday, February 12, 2021 @ 5:00 p.m.
- Last Day to Register to Vote - Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Early Voting Starts - Monday, April 19, 2021
- Early Voting Ends - Tuesday, April 27, 2021
- Election Day - Saturday, May 1, 2021
Additional election related information can be found at:
- Filing requirements are available at:
- Board member eligibility contained in CFBISD Board Policy BBA (Legal):
- Additional information regarding trustee elections may be found at: